1) Know what to expect from the Process
The first step to successful onboarding is simple: know what you are getting into! At ManagerPlus we have a Proven Plan for your Success. Your Onboarding experience will include the following:
- The Discovery Call: In this call, you’ll get introduced to your Customer Success Manager (CSM) who will be your Onboarding Specialist. Until you are ready to go live your CSM will be your go-to connection for all things related to ManagerPlus.
- Education: Depending on the length of your onboarding package, you will have a number of education sessions with your CSM where they help you learn how to best use ManagerPlus.
- Data Prep, Review, and Import: Your assets and other data will be imported into ManagerPlus so you can begin to transform your asset management and maintenance practices.
- Go Live: After education and data import, you’ll be ready to go live with ManagerPlus in your organization. At this point, you will be assigned an Account Manager who will be your main point of contact going forward.
This process is one we use because it works. We call it our Proven Plan because we know it works. It’s the result of our 25 years of experience with many different organizations.
2) Decide to become a ManagerPlus Champion
ManagerPlus is powerful, but it is powerful because it enhances the people who work in your organization. This is most effective when you choose to become a ManagerPlus Champion.
A ManagerPlus Champion is someone who decides to commit him or herself to learning and teaching ManagerPlus. This person needs to make sure they make time to be present with your Customer Success Manager (CSM) during your onboarding sessions. If you’re looking for someone to be a Champion in your organization, look for someone who fits the following criteria:
- A Champion should have full administrative access to your ManagerPlus application.
- A Champion should ideally already be in a position of leadership within your organization.
- A Champion should be in a position where they can help answer ManagerPlus questions for new members of your organization.
As a general rule of thumb, you should have a champion in each different department to ensure those departments are working in harmony in ManagerPlus. This Champion’s job during onboarding is to make sure that they are experts in all things ManagerPlus. It is their job to take responsibility for what happens in ManagerPlus and help the organization get the most out of their investment.
3) Understand that ManagerPlus is an Investment
Your organization has made an investment in ManagerPlus. It is important to realize that this is an investment in money, time, and effort. While your organization has likely put forward the money, the time and effort are still necessary for you to get the highest ROI possible. The whole reason you have an onboarding process is because we know it takes work to get ManagerPlus incorporated into your organization.
Onboarding is not an overnight success, and that’s great for you. It means that your Champions will have the time they need to become ManagerPlus experts. You’ll be educated in ManagerPlus best practices using our step-by-step Proven Plan to get you up and running.
Part of this investment will be in the time you take to organize your data so that it can be imported. Part will be willing to sit down and commit the time necessary for the training sessions you have purchased. As you work with your CSM, remember that the time you put into learning ManagerPlus will be worth it in the long term. ManagerPlus is one investment that is worth every penny.
4) Trust your Customer Success Manager (CSM)
This might sound obvious, but it is crucial that you work with and trust your CSM. They are your partner in success. They know that the education they give you will be relevant today and ten years down the road. They look at your organization in the long term and want to help you achieve your goals with ManagerPlus.
Your CSM has a vested interest in you. They are working to teach you the Best Practices for ManagerPlus. These are the ways to get the most out of your ManagerPlus Application. When used according to our best practices, ManagerPlus will give you the power to manage your assets with confidence.
Perhaps the best thing you can do with your CSM is honest and open communication. If you have questions or problems during your onboarding, ask! This is the time for you to get educated, and chances are we’ve heard it before. We’re here to make sure you can succeed.
About the author
ManagerPlus is the preferred solution across the most asset-intensive industries, including Fortune 500 companies, to improve reliability and minimize downtime.